Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Thursday, October 3, 2013

This too shall pass




I recall  during my formative years in a small community in rural Jamaica of the people who use to stir up contention daily. I clearly remember that by the time I was a teenager, most if not all of those people had vaporized. 

I conceded that it does not matter what is happening now within our lives that most of these people will eventually pass away and that is the power of involuntary change. The absolution of death. 

But I realize not before they have done sufficient damage to our lives. Not before they have cause us misery and annihilated any ounce of happiness we wanted to experienced. They make our lives a living hell then they leave in silence and leaves us with the scars so in truth we may not get rid of them in the end. 

And then they have children. Who for the most part internalized the lifestyle of their parents and will no doubt become exactly like them carrying on the heritage of their bloodline. 

I saw a small child "trace" an older woman recently and I realized it was due to the "perconceived" notions they had in their minds from discussions they overheard from their mother who is not a friend of the said lady. 

I realize that the animosity between these two families could span for decades because the children themselves were not excluded or encourage to develop proper conflict resolution skills. Their children are as bellicose and umbrage as the adults. Children do not become who you want, they become who you are. 


I wonder if god ever decides to cut off an entire progeny. I look at a baby and wonder what will this child become? Will she be the one to change the way we see the world or will she make our lives worst than it already is? 

I know one thing that this child is an empty vessel. Albeit she may have a predisposition to do certain things based on the ghost within her genes, she has a vast room for growth, manipulation and tweaking to get the best possible results for the future of our humanity. Remember the children are our future and they too will pass...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment