Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Saturday, July 26, 2014

From Crystal Evans Book- Excerpt


From my NewBook
EveryManDeservesaGoodJacket 
Chapter excerpt
Coming This August 2014
Copyright2014 ©™ Crystal Evans Book Club. All rights reserved. 



I hoped for a boy baby. It probably had something to do with my love for men. I have been accused all my life for " lubbing too much man". I loved men, all men, brown men, black men and bleachers. I liked tall men, short men, wild man and Christian.  Rich or poor, scammer, drugs man, doctor and cane cutter, as long as it name man, my teeth be grinning from ear to ear. 


My child's father was the love of my life. I knew I wanted to be with him from the first day I spotted him, tall, leaned sideways by his blue Honda civic in a blue Hollister Shirt and  matching Ralph Lauren Polo Pants.  His eyes, dark, emotionless without depth peered back at me from beneath hooded eyelids. He didn't smile like men did when they liked a girl, instead he stared me down with intensity, perusing my body like a piece of meat, sipping from his party cup. He had motioned me over with a flick of his long index finger and I marched towards him like a lamb in a trance going to the slaughter. 

He bared his white teeth, his breath smelled like Ganja and Rum and his eyes never left my lips. He offered me a drink and I declined since I was too busy drinking him in. His dark features, a day's growth of stubble along his caramel face and neatly corn rowed hair was alluring than any athlete model on the cover of Espn. He was twice as ruggedly handsome with his hair Afro style, disheveled, big hair, white merino or V neck T-shirt racing passed in his new Suzuki Grand Vitara. My friends and I would literally stick our tongues out, panting like a dog at him, screaming Oohs and Awes at how mesmerizing and swaggarific he  looked on those 22 inch Chrome rims. 

I loved him before he was mine and I laid beneath him, I gave myself to him for I was to become the envy of other women. I spared nothing and gave my all, careless and reckless with my love that resulted in this child, this baby was the summation of our love and the initiation of my hatred towards him. I loved him and now I despised him with as much fervour.

No comments:

Post a Comment