Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Monday, July 14, 2014

Every man deserves a Good Jacket



Copyright 2014© Crystal Evans 

If you asked me what I thought about men in my community, I would paint a portrait of elaborate neurotics. My child's father sat among their ranks, delusional in the belief that they are god's gift to women, when they are only giving gifts to women.  Relationships are a simple wager.  Sex in exchange for money with no promise of a commitment. These days it is sex being bartered for hype, girls sleeping with precocious boys for increase social gratification. 
Imagine sleeping with someone because their presence augments one social experience, think about it , without any iota of permanency, the idea of an improved social status granted is fairly fictitious. The relationship is in reality only a story that you recount to people to build credence to your social character. Chilling recollection, since depending on the audience, it can multiply or subtract from your appearance. Your overall social portrait diminished. 

This social orchestra is in tandem with pregnancy. The way people perused your body, looking you up and down like a piece of dishcloth that they use to wipe rat shit off a greasy stove top. 

Asking you questions, being furtive with their mouth yet candid with their eyes.  They never say exactly how they feel but they give away so much in their paralanguage, inflection of their voice and the atmosphere that cracks in their presence. This ritual magnified twofold if the child is an expected Jacket. Cut to Fit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment