Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Friday, July 4, 2014

How do you feel about others success?




A guy ask me last night, why I don't talk about my books in real life. I told him you have to be careful how you talk about your success. Your achievements can make others feel uncomfortable. Your success may sometimes accentuate their own inadequacies within themselves. People will be offended by who you are, especially those who know where you are coming from. It is better for them to see you as you are than to think something else of you. 


I hold no grudge against those who are pushing forward in this life because successful people often go through a lot to reach where they are now. I reserve myself to happiness, because each success cements the notion that anything is possible with hope, perseverance and hardwork. I like when people succeed because they give me hope. They reaffirm the dominance of the human spirit, anything is possible if we put our minds to it. Successful people don't bring out envy in me. It brings out the need to achieve in me. I don't know about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment