Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Monday, October 7, 2013

Jamaicans and online dating




People often remark on how precocious I am for a twenty five year old but I have been hearing that since I was a teenager so no foul there. 

I have signed up with a few social media sites and met some men. Most of these men expect me to profess my undying love for them not even two minutes into the conversation.

 I quickly conclude one of two things about dating online. 

1. It is speed dating. People believe that since you spend so much time talking online then you should automatically jump non bed when you meet physically. I know man or a woman will do anything to get what they want. 

2. Dating online forces you to be insincere to the people you meet. They do not understand that there is no way someone is going to commit to you on such a short time. Any profession of affection is not genuine and feigned. 

3. Most people think that only scammers date online so they are quite obnoxious to put it out there on your face that they not looking to be scammed. I understand the tactic but it is often crude and ill delivered. I don't particularly enjoy being called a thief by someone who doesn't know anything about me. 

4. People who date online have unrealistic expectations and therefore are more likely to quit relationships very early on when they do not get what they were looking for. If you have several hundred prospective partners why would settle for one when possibilities are endless for finding your ideal partner???



No comments:

Post a Comment