Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Thursday, October 17, 2013

What are our deepest fears?

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. – Nelson Mandela
What are your fears? Why are you afraid? 
Most young people I ask this question will say that they are afraid of gun men, rapist death, famine, hunger and war. 
Most fears are related to the cessation of life. No one wants to know that their existence, happiness or comfort can be easily eradicated or terminated by another.
It is assumed that ninety percent of the things that we fear will never happen to us. I believe in this nation that we live in, the possibilities of dying by crime and violence is not that slim at the rate we are going hence the reason why death is at the fore of most young people's fears. 

Crime prevalence in any society makes its young people depress and disillusioned. Who would feel comfortable in a place overrun with savages? 

Many people are also afraid of their parents dying and if losing a love one. Death is as much a part of life as living is. We are born to die. You cannot worry about involuntary change as the prospect of death is something that we have no control over. 

My deepest fear is that each human being life probably worths nothing in the end. Life at the end of it all is probably very meaningless, what are we really living for and if life is even worth it.
My friend was murdered earlier this year and it opened my eyes to how fragile my existence is. Of how little regard people have for another's life and how at anytime unbeknownst to me, someone can put me in a permanent state of unconsciousness. 
I hear my grandmother talking about people that I know nothing of and I realise that in a century my daughter might be telling her grandchildren about people they will never know. Truth is I do not know my great great grandparents. It is as if they never existed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment