Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Saturday, October 5, 2013

why do Jamaican People enjoy being graders of others!





I was recently called rather haphazardly to do a rendition in speech at an event in my community. Before I exited the stage, several individuals in the audience began to criticise, dissect and evaluate what I said on the podium.


People who for the most part seemed more interested in belittling me than concentrating on the real issues at hand at the forum all because they knew that I was a little girl from their community who use to run up and down in thighs carrying water on the ball field.

Thats the thing about black people, if you do not put them in their place, they will at every opportunity remind you of the lowly status you once had. It is better and easier for them to remember where you are coming from because that is what they are comfortable with. Believe me that if you do not leave their domain and branch out, you can easily be choked by the detestation,inferiority complexes and issues they have within themselves that they constantly reflect upon you.

Ghetto people have very lofty ideals for others but none for themselves. They have no ambition and are always interested in stimulating the aspirations of others or trying to undermine your endeavours. You can count on your hands how many people from "where am from" ever genuinely wished you success.

Some do initially wish you the best because they think that you will never achieve suffice to surpass them and become back-stabbers when you supersede their expectations. They are appalled that someone who they deemed inferior to them have reached a level that in by extension of their abilities is somewhat formidable if not unattainable.

They are even more aggravated by the mysterious nature of your occupation which only serves to aggrandize their loathing of you. Jamaican people are quick to form opinions of you without knowing anything about you. I have been the blunt of these labels by people who are not my friends; People who I have never had any form of conversations with, think that they are an authority on my character. Their evaluation is solely based on whatever bias scenario: real or imagined they have going on in their head.


IN life I have learnt to work with what I have. I try my best to win with the cards that my genes dealt to me or those that the hand of fate passes my way. I have become a happier person since I have learned to accept me for who I am warts and all...I have never felt more peace, serenity and enjoyed success.


Some people have a misconception about intellectuality...

"A lot of our intellects have not been educated on a spiritual level. A person who is enlighten spiritually behaves differently, reacts to others in a way that is reminiscent of someone of a higher consciousness. The ability to pass an examination does not mean you are intelligent nor is the capacity to identify (SYMBOLS)words on a page. It simply means you are scholastic, you are academically ahead but until you are educe on spiritual level then everything you achieve will be as corporeal as the body your soul dwells in"

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can shorten your long links with LinkShrink and receive money for every click on your short urls.

    ReplyDelete