Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Keep helping others even when they fail you

Keep helping even when others have failed you. 

I won't tell you to play fool to bad-mind people. There is nothing ungrateful in walking away from people who exploit you and make your life uncomfortable. Even if they did something for you in the past. You have already paid them back. Don't let anyone use your kindness to hold you ransom into doing their everyday will. Know when to cut that arm off and walk away. You have already paid your debt. 


It doesn't mean that you should stop helping others. It means that you must up boundaries and limitations. You will not allow yourself to become overused, abused or stressed out doing things for others that they ought to be able to do for themselves. 

Don't turn your rivals away. But know that you must feed a baby demon with a very long spoon. People will befriend you so that they can hurt you. Only those closest to you can do you harm. Be wary of your enemies but pay keen attention to your friends. It doesn't mean that you should be insecure about your friends but actions speak louder than words. Trust your instincts, you know more than you do. If your intuition tells you than something is wrong, then you may need to take a step back and evaluate the situation. 


You are responsible for your well being. You must safeguard yourself in a world of of aggressively evil people. I never said evil prevail thn good, I just believe wicked people are more aggressive about carrying out their deeds. 

When you know your value. You don't beg people to like you. Everyone cannot afford the luxury of your friendship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment