Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Monday, December 30, 2013

What is our Jamaican Society coming to?

What kind of society glorify criminals and discredits hard working people? 

What kind of society believes it is ok to kill children and rob old people? 

What kind of people reserve punishment for others but fail to address or even recognize the ills on their own ways. Imagine a scammer calling a burglar theif. Six a one and half dozen of the other. Or the mother who calls other people's children thief yet her entire subsistence is dependable on the "scamming" money her son makes to feed the family. 

Why is it that all Jamaicans assume that everyone who does not have a job must be a scammer if they appear to be making money? Only scammers making money in this economy? I think not. The Internet creates new millionaires every god forsaking day. 

I have encountered criminals who rave and rant if someone takes something from them calling them every decadent name under the sun yet believe it is ok to rob and kill other people. 

We have a generation of narcissist who believe that the world should bestow upon them that which they did not work for by virtue of being themselves. 

I don't see how I should worship a don who can't do anything for me? He can't write a recommendation letter for my child. He cannot convince any authority figure without violence or duress to grant me a Favour? He cannot influences any propitious change or improvement in my life yet he wants me to respect him. My respect cannot be bought not coerce. 

Any smart leader understands that a respect that is gained through commanding love and honour from others will never fail you. Any person who demands respect unknowingly, create false friends and true enemies who mask their irreverence until an opportunities arises and they eliminate their leader. 


Some
People feel
That when them
Hold down people pickney them a do
Them
Nothing... Them a create them own menaces. Cuz the same pickney weh you wish feNo
Become
Nothing will
Become the thorn inna your successful
Child's side... Think about that...


We should become committed to ensuring that each child in our society has a great future. We cannot wish ill on other people's children. We have so many problems today because we did not seek to empower and liberate our children. We thought them to compete and subvert each other's success. Now we have a successful generation completely under siege and fear of the lawless peers. 


What is really Success? 

If your success is defined by being indifferent to injustices and adapted to murder and mayhem then you are a part of what is wrong with this world. We don't want "successful people" who turn a blind eye to the real issues affecting our humanity and society. I like  Dr.Cornel West want " leaders" people who love each other enough and respect the lives of one another to be unbought, unbound, unafraid and unintimidated to tell the truth. Not only tell it but stand up for what they believe in...

No comments:

Post a Comment