Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Friday, November 8, 2013

Whose side are you on in Jamaica?




In a country where reality is mostly contrived, nothing is ever what it seems to be. There are powers at work, social designs and political manipulations to generate the reality that we know today. 

There is no one way to rationality when it comes to analyzing our Jamaican society. Sometimes you have to take the highway, other times the by ways and in some cases even the low road. 

Many persons have become unsettled with the recent upsurge of police killings that has forced a rift in our country. It has forced me to wonder what is a Jamaican's life really worth in the grand scheme of things. 

Whose side can you really be on? The side of the police officers until they kill someone for you and the media outlet states that a shoot out ensued. The side of the "bad men" until they kill one of your own or even you. It's like you damn if you do and you damned if you don't. 

You are between a rock and a hard place. You don't even know whose side to be on because the lines are not so clear. 

What if say by chance, you knew of a crime and failed to report it. You know that each day that the bad man is alive that your life too is in jeopardy but then again you cannot confide in the police officers because they themselves cannot be trusted. 

What do you do? 

You wait for the police officers to kill you because you befriend the bad man and had no choice or you show the bad man how much you dislike him until him start pree you and kill you. You damn if you do and you are damned if you don't. 

No wonder there is a sense of hopelessness in Jamaica because people do not feel very safe anymore. I don't understand how some people choose not to vote in the elections and allow a small group to decide the future of our nation. 

I don't understand what intelligent or sane human being would give up his only say in the running of his country because he is dissatisfied with the choices given to him. My granny always say chose the lesser evil. 

I feel like Iive in a monarchy. All the people I knew in politics since I was at primary school or still in it today. My biggest issue has been... Are they for the future of this country including my peers and the youths coming up or are they still playing politricks like they did in the eighties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment