Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fickle me and You



Why am I trying to live if am just living to die? Why do I live as if I will never die as if I am immortal and then when I die, people forget about me as if I never lived. We are all just transient beings on this earth. Like or not, we never really existed just like so many niwho passed on before us. All those people I hear my grandmother talking about I don't know them. To me it is as if they never lived because they died before I was born. In a couple decades that's what it's gonna be like for most of us. We gonna be just a flicker of a memory. 

I've had my brush with death several times. People I love or value have passed  and I've never seen or hear from them again. They lying somewhere in a tomb. Someone once told me that he does not like how I allow death to consume me. It takes me too long to get pass, the death of a love one. 

All these deaths reminds me how fickle life on earth is. How fragile our existence is because I saw that young man drove past me the evening before and he died the next morning. 

Blocking of Roads 


A friend of mine from the National Integrity Action made a keen observation when she asked me if my community had protest the murder of Gussy. 

I told her no. Why would they? I see women and children being shot or murdered and no one protests the killing of these innocent people by other civilians and because Gussy was killed by the police, we gonna protest. We must disavow violence in its entirety and decry acts of injustices without inpartiality. We should not protest when it suits our ambitions or when crime affects us personally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment