Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Saturday, November 2, 2013

What are we teaching our babies?

A little boy startled me yesterday from behind a park truck, he apparently hid me and came out from behind the truck in a "stick up situation" with a paper gun in his hands. 

I scold him. I said to him rather angrily " is this what you parents sending you to school to learn to ambush people with gun?". "Don't worry yourself. The police them out deh Fi you. You think Gun business is a fun business. It is no joke business. It is a death without justice business"

I was miffed by the fact that this three year old understood the concept of hiding and sticking up people with a gun. 

What was most revealing was that he left his home a few blocks away and was alone on the road by himself. 
I only hope his creative imagination can be transmitted into something more productive so that his mother won't have to bury him later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment