Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Should we do away with Indecom?






Damion Crawford has called for the dismantlement of the Independent commission of Investigations siting it to be a complete waste of money. 

I could say the same thing about politicians. They are not doing their jobs so why don't we just do away with the whole political administration and take control of our own lives. 

This is not a defense against criminals, violent members of our society, police or civilians should be removed. This is a disavow of perceived excesses and brutality exhibited in some situations by members of our policial body.

i believe that it is not a war against the police fraternity. Some people seem to think that some opinions are against the police but they are not. The police officers sometimes cannot help how they behave because they were bred from the same culture of the criminals that they hunt. Hence the same callous, disrespectful and violent behavior. It's not about the police or politicians. It is about our society and our collective values. We need moral overhaul.


Indecom are sometimes called long after the police carried out their operation and clean up the crime scene. It makes me wonder what kind of society we have when our agents of law and justice can go on the TV and blatantly lie about a shoot out that never occurred and people are dead. I guess Tivoli gardens should be a testament that poor people lives value nothing in this country. You think police can try that uptown.

Indecom is not perfect but like all other newly formed organisations this can be ironed out eventually with the right approach by all the parties concerned.   

No comments:

Post a Comment