Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Friday, August 9, 2013

Is Queen Ifrica Chatting too much like so many Jamaicans?






I was reading the Jamaica Gleaner Online after a fellow blogger pointed me to a comment signalling the end of Queen Ifrica's Career after she supposedly should not have voiced her opinion on the Buggery Laws of Jamaica being repealed and whether or not she thought homosexuality was right or wrong! The person claims that Gays with their control and dominance of the Entertainment Industry will surely murder Queen Ifrica's Career!

I Probably should have said this in my earlier post that with all due respect, the occasion was not conducive for that sort of comment but i understand that due to the widespread attention it has in media signalling the Gays influence on News Medium that she thought it the right platform to voice her opinions.

In all of this i Have been busy trying to figure out whose right's supersedes whom! GAYS OR HOMO-SENSITIVE ARTISTES LIKE Queen Ifrica! The right to free speech or the right to live ones lifestyle.

I believe that if i do not like a certain lifestyle, i stay away from it. I do not spend my time trying to convince people to live their lives the way i want them to. I definitely understand how Gays feel. I gained Fifty Pounds and everywhere i go people tell me how FAT i AM. I do not have a problem with my weight but they do and feel the need to let me know albeit, I have never begged them money to buy food or "them nah feed me" I fail to understand how me being overweight affects them.

That is Jamaica, you do not have to ask for people's opinion, they feel the need to impress their beliefs upon you. Sometimes I wonder why they have not adapted Gay lifestyles when so many women know that you cannot contain any and any uptown boy if you nah tek fuck inna yuh asshole!


If a man puts that to me, I do not wanna do it. I stay the hell away from him. I do not try to conform him! People should respect other people's right to live the life that they want without imposition from others. I will however choose what my child will hear and interpret about what is considered normal.

But who determines what is normality. The masses or the wealthy class of any society? We accept that darker skin people are less attractive because most upper class Jamaicans are light skin and because the media glorifies light skin black women as beautiful. We embrace the notion that overweight women are not sexy but we will not accept gays even though uptown overlooks it and the media cable TV normalizes it.

Does this mean that awe only support what serves our own self interest? Whose self interest supersedes whom? What i care to do with my body or what people on the street would like to see? Do i live my life for me or allow my individuality to be overthrown by the demand of this tribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment