Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Jamaica is not the most Homophobic place on the Earth!


"When a society accepts feaces /feces as a natural part of sex then there is something more than wrong with them. Feces itself has its own literal and figurative meaning, both of which are negative . It speaks volumes of the direction a society is headed. They are using a part of the body that is meant to be used for excretion to carry out their expression of love and of who they are cannot be anything positive or productive. Just like the lesbians have left the comfort of men and have sought to comfort their own kind but need man made objects to reach their ultimate pleasure. This cannot be what is right."



"
WHAT I HATE ABOUT THIS WHOLE HOMOSEXUAL ISSUE, IS THAT HETEROSEXUALS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE AN OPINION. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO JUST DUMB DOWN AND ALLOW THIS NASTYNESS TO PREVAIL. WHAT YOU DO IN THE PRIVACY OF YOUR OWN HOME SHOULD BE JUST THAT ( PRIVATE). AND THEREFORE NO NEED TO BE RUBBING IT INTO THE FACES AND THE MINDS OF THE MASSES. THIS IS AN AGENDA BY THE GAY AND LESBIAN ALLIANCE TO CASTIGATE AND DEHUMANIZE ANYONE WHO THINKS IN DIRECT OPPOSITE OF THIER THINKING. I FOR ONE WOULD RATHER DIE ON MY FEET THAN LAY DOWN AND ALLOW THE POLLUTION TO SPREAD LIKE GLOBAL WARMING. STAND FIRM IFRICA, DO NOT BACK DOWN"


I read some comments recently pertaining to a voiced public opinion by Reggae singer Queen Ifrica with regards to her disavow of the endorsement of homosexuality within her nation and society. I was somewhat appalled that some people thought it ok to express violence towards her because of what she said. People clamouring about what she should or should not have said. Truth is whether a person utters their opinions behind your back or in front of your face, it does not change how they feel about you.

This is my opinion on a personal level, I do not care if someone sleeps with the same sex or the opposite sex. I just do not want someone wielding their sexual preferences in my face. That is a private matter. I do not wish for anyone to tell me to encourage my child to accept a behaviour that in my opinion is aberrant. I do however honour the sanctity of human life and believe that everyone is entitled to their own individual happiness. People should be free to choose whatever path they want for their own individual life, i just do not want any one shoving their beliefs down my throat or forcing me a heterosexual woman to walk around on eggshells because someone might me offended because of my opinion on their lifestyle. At the end of the day. Just as how they are entitled to their opinion of love, I am entitled to my values and precepts.

I know a few gay men and I must say that they are the most lovable person people on the earth. Truth is if most of the straight men I knew had some of their character traits, I probably would not have written this blog in the first place. What I have never encountered is my gay male friends telling me about anal sex or encouraging any of our straight male friends to become homosexuals. One even went as far as to say, "I know that what I am doing is not right but I feel so right when I am with another man". I knew he was not lying because at the end of the day, we are humans, social beings and I too have felt it was right with someone and knows how painstaking it can be to be away from the one that tugs at your heart. This is how I support...homosexuality as an Individual's right.
I do not like homosexuals and their supporters commenting on Ifrica's utterances using biblical references when that same bible denounces homosexuality to death.

I also do not think that my child should see men dancing on other men in public, I believe that is what Gay clubs are made for. We denounce the idea of children watching heterosexuals gyrating on each other so how can anyone expect us not to decry same sex dancing in public.

What I do not appreciate is people stating that Jamaica is the most Homophobic place on the earth! I could say the same thing about many countries that accept homosexuality and how they would rather see two men together than someone of my skin tone elevated in society. Well it is OK for Gays to have rights but Not black people
Some might say that most persons of AFRICAN DESCENT have a disproportionate homophobic tendency which maybe true but it is only because many Jamaicans "black people" think homosexuality is actually a white boy thing!
Hence why people get incensed when they see gay black men, in the past most men thought that only white men were gays.


Back to the Topic at Hand
Jamaica is not the most Homophobic place on Earth.


Russia has anti-gay laws and so does Zimbabwe. In many places of the of the Middle east, Asia and Africa. Among, Muslims, Hindus and Jews, homosexuality is seen as an abomination in the eyes of religion. I do not condone the murder and torture of Gays in many of these countries because after all Gays are human beings too but what I will not tolerate people jumping on Jamaica because we are the dialectal, proverbial "weak fence".

Why don't someone jump down Vladimir Putin throat for his stance on the demotion of homosexuality in his country. Our legislature was coined before Homosexuality even became an issue in Jamaica. Most Gay men are not threaten by violence if they dress like males but look the gay part. Many people view them with either amusement or disgust! People know that what took place at carnival 2013 would have in the past resulted in widespread bloodshed. Everybody knows " Batty men at large in Jamaica"! They are not hiding any more.

What I see no one commenting about is the widespread rapes by gay on straight men that they dress like women and lure away. What I do not hear any one talking about is the men who take little boys away and rape and murder them in Jamaica. I need to see J-flag also rallying for the protection of our children than just for Gay rights! Someone once said quite offhandedly that Gays didn't care about children because they have no intention of reproducing. I wonder if that statement were true, what would that say about this human race that we jointly gay or straight want to protect its continuation.
There are greater issues in Jamaica that needs attention to than Gays. Too many people are too busy trying to survive to care if men sleep with other men or vice versa. People are suffering in that country and inflation rates have gone up 400% on average on most retail products.

Violence in our country has always been a problem but children are never to be taught to be prejudicial towards any group people regardless of creed, pigmentation or sexual orientation. I will never teach my child to loathe gays but then again I have to teach her to be confident despite the fact that she is dark skin because I know that racism and shadism is real.
So too is homophobia, People fear what they do not understand, hate what they cannot conquer. Many Jamaicans think homosexuality is a "rich uptown man thing" and poor gays are forced into homosexuality due to socio-economical pressures like poverty and lack of access to amenities. This leads to a pervasive widespread notion that homosexuality is not really about love but money, wants and needs.
There are greater underlying issues that fuels homophobia in Jamaica than just violent
lyrics, legislature and murders. There has to be a social transformation.


2 comments:

  1. It was the best forum to voice her opinion. We are celebrating who we are as a people and the tenets we have upheld throughout our history. Gays should not be hurt because of their orientation but they should not be
    given any power to shut up everyone or demonize everyone that does not subscribe to their beliefs and practices. I have been following the gay issue
    in Jamaica and as soon as something happens, JFLAG reps are on international forum misleading the world about Jamaicans and using broad generalizations,
    making all of us seem barbaric or homophobic. For years they have been doing that on countless forums. Gays have the right to speak on TV, Radio, Huffington
    Post, Washington Post, US Delegates meetings, Caribbean Forums, etc. So why is it that
    someone can't peacefully appeal to maintaining our values on a major forum too. No one in the US
    or Europe will give a person advocating for restricting gay marriages the time of day because they are the ones pushing their lifestyle on us. Commendation to Queen Ifrica for reminding JFLAG that (heterosexuals) have a right to free speech too. Thy talk about placing penalties on artiste - they should start penalizing JFLAG for saying they are gay and see how they would like that. JFLAG full of Bigots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See people do not understand that most heterosexual in Jamaica do not care about someone being gay if they do not put it to them. I wished the way they rally for gay rights someone would adequately rally for the rights of poor people, children and an end to the corruption within our governments.

    ReplyDelete