Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Sunday, February 2, 2014

What is wrong with today's black generation ?

What does black history month mean to my generation? 




A lot of elders complain that they do not know what is wrong with today's black generation. I beg to ask them what was wrong with theirs? Children don't become what you want, they become who you are. Our elders should reflect upon what went wrong during the era when today's young adults were children. Maybe just maybe they might find the answers to the problems of this "generation".  They raised a world of children who know the price of everything but the value of nothing. A money grabbing, instant gratification over profundity seeking and "step pon them" culture of people. 

It all went wrong when my Dad's generation decided that they would no longer allow individuals outside of the family setting to scold their children. Children grew up feeling as if there is no societal repercussion for their behavior and that as long as family members do not express dissent then to hell with society. The results we have are young people devoid of values and parents burying their children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment