Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Monday, February 10, 2014

Are your philosophies your own or are they borrowed?

Where did I first get my philosophies? They were mostly second hand ideologies I borrowed from the numerous authors who through reading have influenced my perspective on life. I hate hearing others use second hand opinions, the ideologies of others or hearsay as truths. If the original ideologies of olde were not challenge we would still believe someone else second opinion that the world is flat. 

I think Jamaica need a revolution of consciousness. We need to stop subscribing to second hand opinions. Most Jamaicans embrace most political ideologies because of hearsay and secondhand opinions of  people with influence. By influence we mean people who have money. We take on the doctrines of others without questioning the issues at hand. We never stop to assess what philosophies are dished out to is because the education of slaves makes it necessary. 

We do not engage in critical analysis of what politicians dish out to us instead like most educated fools we would rather denigrate the thinker who seeks to guide our mind's eyes to a greater perspective. We don't listen to the reasons of the people we dislike not because they are talking bullshit but because we are conditioned never to give credence to our enemies. It is like on Facebook, there are some people who will never like anything you post just because you wrote it, it doesn't matter how profound or realistic your status update is, they won't press the like button because of how they feel about giving credit to you. 

Without the revolution of consciousness we won't produce better citizens. Better citizens equal to greater politicians, more credible professionals, honest police officers and less criminals. 

We need to teach our people to think for themselves. Not to eat off the crumbs of the philosophies of others. When we begin to seek a higher consciousness then we will be able to guide our lives and better identify people who are not beneficial to us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment