Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Working women will find love

People might say I am a little hard on women albeit I am female too. I believe Jamaican women are lazy. This maybe one of the contributing factors to why we have so many suffering children and one of the key variables why men tell me they sometimes desert a woman. It is not right to leave a woman with a child but a man has no choice when every woman he meets is trying to trap him into a financial situation by giving him a baby, so he runs away not because he does not care for the child but because most men today don't want to start a family with a woman who can't complement them economically. 

When I was a teenager and out of job, I joined the Herbal Life Distributor Programme and walked the streets selling herbal juice blended in cups to women so that they could lose weight. I sold them fifty dollars per cup and made enough to buy new mixing material for tomorrow and my dinner. There was nothing that made me prouder than knowing that I could support my own subsistence. I was an adult in a family home and people begin to show you bad face as soon as you reach working age and not doing anything with your life. 


I started two successive relationships and learned two crucial notions from both men. One was working class and our relationship quickly dissolved because he was looking for a woman who was heading somewhere in life and not a struggling 19 year old with a lot of prospects but no money. The second was middle class and was not interested in pursuing a long term union when he discovered that I had nothing to bring to the relationship but sex and somehow I felt as if he was the best thing that ever came into my life. Those two men taught me that a woman who does not hold her own will never be taken seriously. 

Not that women with nothing to offer don't get men to lay the world at their feet but the average looking woman like myself know that if you can't help yourself then you are vulnerable to the whims of men. 

When I walk on the street I don't care about which man wants to call to me or who ignores me. I don't care because I am providing for my child. I am not fazed by the transient men in my life and if the one I am with now,decides to leave. See you can't bargain with men if you do not have anything  to measure up with. You will be weighed and found wanting. 

I believe once a woman has a child your pride should go. Simple you should not be too proud to "hustle" for you children. I have a whole lot of accolades for the girls who walk and sell their commodities so as to
Provide for their fatherless children than those who spent their last dime titivating to lure some man who might leave as soon as he comes or she is pregnant. Nuff respect to the women who have them priority straight. 








No comments:

Post a Comment