Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Thursday, March 6, 2014

I respect the artiste but not a criminal

 I don't know if Kartel is going to be acquitted. But one thing I know is he is a talented artiste. As smart as I am I won't hesitate to admit that I AM a  huge Vybz Kartel the Artiste Fan and would very much like to see him free. I interviewed him at sumfest 2010 along with Movado and they were the most humble dudes to me. I've got male families and I know how tough these streets can be so I respect the hustle of every male who use their 

 Game or talent to get out there. Kartel may have corrupt the youths but they supported him because his songs were what they wanted to hear all along. Music celebrating freedom of lifestyle, choice and sexuality.  Kartel is not the music. The music is the society and the society is in the music. 



I won't vouch for whether or not he is a murderer because honestly I don't know the man like that. I speak for Vybz Kartel the Artiste not Adidjah Palmer the man. If he is found guilty of the crime by the verdict of his peers then he should do the time....


None of us is above the law. The law cannot be prejudicial to wealthy people or celebrities. Once the law is broken and we are found guilty then we must serve our sentences. 


Sometimes I think back and wonder why Vybz Kartel was so foolish to begin with to put himself in such a compromising position. It may seem like a conspiracy but  he allowed it to be believable by perpetrating acts that rendered it true. Understanding his fragile position in society and how many ethical pundits blame him for the moral decay of this society, he should have opted to walk a very straight line. 


His incarceration will have a grae impact on Dancehall but the music will live on as the likes of Alkaline , Koshens and I octane will continue to light the torches. I hope Vybz Kartel's parody is a lesson to other celebrities who might feel that they are above the law that Jamaica is working hard to build a level of integrity in its crime fighting struggle. We are living in an era where as we slip  we fall... It pays to live you life on a straight line not filled with doubts and compromising fall outs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment