Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My life experience...

My entire life since my birth has been influenced by my experiences. These occurrences shapes the way I see this world and whether I choose to be good or bad is inherently my choice and how I interpret the meaning of these experiences and use them as guides for my life. 

I don't like to talk about politics because I am ashamed of my political positions in the past. I will say that when it comes to Jamaicab politics it is unfair that there are people waiting at the lines for the start of each person's lives waiting to destroy your faith in a wholesome life with lies and promises.

It was just the other night that I was asked why I voted for a particular party. I said I needed the fringe benefits which from all accounts were unforthcoming. In my estimation I was used by party activist to fuel their own ends and needs. They kept any "benefits for themselves". 

The concept of a good life is esoteric to many average Jamaicans like myself and it should not be but it is. We would like to be responsible for our individuals lives but we cannot because politics and societal values creates the premise on the value of our lives reinforced by their policial orders. 



No comments:

Post a Comment