Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

why do Black men love violent Music

Why Do Black Men Love Violent Music Posted in: Music Making by CRYSTAL EVANS on May 22nd, 2013 | 0 Comments I often wonder why Hip-pop, Rap and Dance hall share similar components. Violence, grimy lyrics, sexism and objectifying of the female body. It may present a perspective that all black people love violence and most black women have little or no problem with men objectifying their bodies and relegating their role in life to solely hedonism and procreation. It was 2012 and for that summer i fed on a diet of Tommy Lee Sparta songs. The truth is i felt like the “baddest” thing in my Jamaican Town, if a boy step to me…The truth is violent music often begets violence thoughts and behaviour. In fact i am not of a violent nature but lords know the only element that prevents most of us from committing a crime is opportunity. It is true that any human being, black or white, Jamaican or American, rubbed the wrong way, will if the opportunity presents itself murder someone, an enemy or oppressor. I am not of a violent nature, i would sooner quell a fracas than run for my “shotty” and demand that someone pays for their infraction in blood. I believe for the most part that human life is sacred, a gift that should not be disposed off indiscriminately , at whim by another mortal. I also embrace a philosophy that i will treat, (try my best) another human being as much i would like to be treated. Now young black men from my observation, in my culture are automatically attracted to violent music because it transcend them to a realm of invincibility. The music provides the stimulus to perpetrate acts that would otherwise be stunted by christian principles or communal disapproval; it sanitises violence and glorifies the possession of gun. It tells young people it is ok, acceptable to end someones life if they offend you, be it slight or grave Read more: http://musicouch.com/music-making/why-do-black-men-love-violent-music/#ixzz2U3sA4E5S Read more: http://musicouch.com/music-making/why-do-black-men-love-violent-music/#ixzz2U3ryYEpP