Buy My Books and Support My Blog!

Buy My Books and Support My Blog!
Crystal Evans Books

“The idea that sex is something a woman gives a man, and she loses something when she does that, which again for me is nonsense. I want us to raise girls differently where boys and girls start to see sexuality as something that they own, rather than something that a boy takes from a girl.”

— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

LAND FOR SALE

LAND FOR SALE
Referral Banners

My Online Radio

My Online Radio

Friday, May 9, 2014

Being Ungrateful to those who paved the way for Us




They say that you must not be ungrateful but I don't believe you are expected to spend the rest of your life licking the shoes of those who helped you on your journey. I truly believe that nothing can preclude you on you from your destiny therefore if it was not them then it would have be someone else. A great talent, don't matter how long it takes will never be missed. 


So me don't understand why bounti Killa a gwaan like a some fool over Mavado'a success. To me it's just typical Jamaican badmind. In my opinion When you buss people, you must be always prepared that they might evolved and move on toe greater things, you will not continue the entire journey with them, there are places you cannot take them and therefore you must let them be so that they can find the heights of their own success. 


They might acknowledge what you did for ten inn the frontal stages of their successful journey, some might never publicly thank you but the still voice of their conscience will never let them forget that you saw something inside of them before anyone else did. 


It's not essentially a Jamaican thing to want people we knew from the floor down to recognize and pay respect to those who valued us when we were nobodies. Jamaican's take it way too seriously to the point where even people who didn't do anything for you but know you from way back when believe that they should accorded some kind of homage or special treatment. 


They are quick to tell the world about how them used to feed you when you couldn't feed yourself as if they expected you to be completely dependent on them your entire life. They get upset with you because you can now feed yourself, simply because they lost their bragging rights over you. They cannot control you using your lacks and deficiencies, your self sufficiency scares them and instead of congratulating you, they start a war with you so that you can look bad or feel bad about your success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment